Saturday, September 18, 2010

pumpkin spice cupcakes

I was really excited when my bff Michelle requested pumpkin spice cupcakes for her birthday because they are super easy to make AND I have been craving fall flavors lately. These cupcakes are not only easy/delicious/supercheap, but are really low in calories. 






AND you only need two ingredients! Inconceivable. 
Yes, that's right. Only two. Don't ask me how it works. It just does.


You need:

-a box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake (it's vegan)
-a can of pumpkin


First, dump the ingredients in a bowl and mix.


Blend until all the chunks are gone, than fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full.


Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until the fork comes out clean.
During this time you will make the frosting.


To make the cream cheese frosting, you need:

-8oz. (one container) of cream cheese (I use Tofutti  imitation cream cheese)
-about half a bag of powdered sugar
-pure vanilla extract to taste
-dash of salt


Begin by dumping 3/4 of the container of cream cheese into a bowl.
Stir until creamy and room temperature.


Add in powdered sugar about a cup at a time.


Stir until it turns into frosting.
Don't panic if it starts to look like this:


It will eventually turn into this:


It's easy to OD on powdered sugar, so if you loose the cream cheese flavor, 
just add a tiny bit of vanilla extract and a tinier bit of salt.

Finally, after the cupcakes have cooled, frost those little suckers
and you'll have about 18-24 of these:
Not pretty, I know. I didn't have time to decorate them. 



Look at this creepster bird we saw at the zoo:

His head is on backwards. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! - I've made this exact recipe before, minus the icing, which I think is a must now that I see it!!

    ReplyDelete