Monday, September 27, 2010

cupcake fail


I don't think I have ever messed up a cupcake recipe so badly that I didn't want to eat at least three. However, when I tried to veganize my chocolate-chip cookie dough cupcake recipe, something was lost in translation and the cupcakes were so bad I didn't even finish mine. 






I attruibe my failure to the following things:


1. Despite my better judgement, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. I hate semi-sweet. Hate. But I bought the stupid Ghiradelli semi-sweets at Wal-Mart because they were the only vegan chocolate chips there (I had heard through the grapevine that Sam's Choice baking chips were vegan, but they were nowhere to be found) and I was too lazy/cheap to go to a health food store.
Gah, devil chocolate. 




2. The cookie dough recipe sucked. It was the first (and last) time I had used it. It was like eating gross vegan cardboard. Just for fun, I baked some rolls of cookie dough and they turned out like this:
How could these possibly be good? They look like Cookie Monster turds.




3. The vanilla extract I used was way stronger than any other brand I've ever used. I should've suspected something when the bottle is this big:
I picked it up at the asian market, if that explains things.
(what am I watching on tv?)




4. I might have baked them a tad too long. That's a my bad. 




Anyway, to correctly make these otherwise delicious desserts, simply make a cookie dough recipe (break-and-bake for non-vegs) and a chocolate cake recipe (boxed cake for non-vegs). Freeze the cookie dough for at least four hours. Then, after the cake batter is poured into the liners, place a chunk of cookie dough on top of each cupcake and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. Ice it. That's it.







will find a decent cookie recipe and I will find Sam's Choice baking chips. Mark my words. 






NOTE: How much I love you is directly related to how soon
I receive your RSVPs.
Seeing these little red envelopes in my mailbox brings me joy.



ALSO, shout out to my Columbian friends for buying me this awesome apron:
Heyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment