Monday, November 1, 2010

jamaica, mon

Jeffrey and I have recently returned from our honeymoon in Jamaica, and I realized that the majority of the pictures taken were of...food. Hmm.

Jeffrey even tried cantaloupe for the first time, so it was a successful trip.

Today, I put together my top nine vegan Jamaican dishes. These are in no particular order.

 1. Fruit
 Yes, I know it's not the most fascinating thing.
But it was really good. 


2. Curried tofu


3. Market veggies


4. Spring roll with ginger and chef's sauce
 I'm pretty sure that 'chef's sauce' means 'sweet and sour sauce' in Jamaican.


5. Teriyaki rice noodles and vegetables


6. Curried pea stew with bammies
 WHAT is a bammie? I ate them and I still don't know.


7. Rosemary olive oil, black olive chutney, and pepper relish
The pepper relish is actually my number one favorite thing in Jamaica. 
Working on a recipe.


8. Tomato soup
 So delicious, even Jeffrey tried it.


9. Spaghetti with basil olive oil


NOTABLE MENTION: this lovely mini-key lime pie. 
Dedicated to Kiki, my mini-key lime pie.



Check out my new personal blog for wedding stuff (pictures by next week?), moving updates, and crafty things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment