Sunday, November 14, 2010

fluffy vanilla icing

YES YES YES! I FINALLY figured out how to make my icing fluffy. This is a really big deal. Drumroll, please. The key to fluffy icing is...



...a handmixer.



I know! It's so simple. And legit bakers (and everyone else) is probably rolling their eyes at me. But whatever, okay? I figured it out by myself.


You need:

-1/4 c. shortening (non-hydrogenated)
-1/4 c. margarine (Earth Balance is yummy)
-2 c. powdered sugar
-1 t. vanilla extract
-1/8 c. soymilk


First, cream the shortening and margarine with a HANDMIXER (!)


Next, add the sugar and beat for about two minutes or so.
It may get chunky.


Add the soymilk and vanilla and beat until smooth and 
fluffy, about five minutes.



Voila! It's fluffy, its wonderful, it makes me cry.
You can add anything to this base, such as 
peanut butter
fruit puree
cocoa
vegan cream cheese
citrus zest
legos
anything.
Now ice something.
These are homemade Oreos from the book
Vegan Cookies Invade your Cookie Jar. 
I will post the my experience as soon as I
muster enough energy to go upstairs and get the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment