Wednesday, October 6, 2010

muffin mugs

I've been a bit distracted this past week because

1) I'm getting married two weeks from Saturday,

2) I had two papers and a speech due, and

3) the Fall Festival is going on and Jeff has been eating chocolate-covered bacon.



Not to mention that none of the recipes I've tried lately have worked out.



So please forgive me for the lack of posts (which shouldn't be a problem for my whopping eight followers)(which reminds me, follow this blog so I can be more legitimate) and take this piece of advice:

You can cook cake (and muffins) in the microwave. 

I know, I didn't believe it either. However, when I saw my old roommate Grace mix some butternut squash soup and cake mix and throw it in the microwave, viola! Magicake. 

Now I don't recommend butternut squash soup, but yeah, if you have a bit of cakelike mix leftover, put it in the fridge and save it for a rainy day. Then, when Aunt Flo comes over, you can put the mix in a bowl or, even better, a mug. I do this to prevent myself from eating an entire chocolate cake, which has happened before.

I did this with homemade vegan muffin mix. I got the recipe from my new cookbook (You Won't Believe it's Vegan!) given to me by my awesomely thoughtful cousin Cait. The recipe itself isn't bad, but it's wayy to complicated to post. 

Just make the mix of your choice, fill a mug halfway full, and nuke it for a couple minutes or so.
BAM! Fast, portable, morning muffin. 
Bonus if you know what movie this mug is from.



Also, koalas in Australia get really hot and beg humans for water. 
Sometimes they break into people's garages. 

2 comments:

  1. okay, first of all, is this where you're getting married?! SO gorgeous!!! AND, I USED TO HAVE THOSE CUPS! did you get them from beauty and the beast on ice waaay back in the day?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yess!!! when i was...5? why don't they show disney on ice anymore??

    and yes, that is a huge temple in the tiny town of nauvoo, il. it sticks out like a sore thumb!

    ReplyDelete