Monday, October 11, 2010

cinnamon-raisin granola bars

For the record, I ate an entire pan of these this past weekend. 


These granola bars are more on the cakey side than the crunchy side or the chewy side (I have a recipe for chewy ones, but they aren't as easy to make as these are). I like these for breakfast or as a dessert (warmed up in the microwave with some Earth Balance, yum). 

You need:
-5 c. old fashioned oats
-1 c. whole wheat flour
-1 t. baking soda
-2 t. vanilla
-2/3 cup Earth Balance (or another butterlike item), room temperature
-1/2 cup honey (or agave)
-1/3 cup packed brown sugar
-2 T. cinnamon
-3/4 T. nutmeg
-1 c. raisins (or more)

First, dump all the ingredients in a bowl except for the cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins.


Mix throughly. Make sure there are no butter clumps.


Once the batter is mixed, add in the raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
You can throw anything else in here too, such as
craisins, almonds, apples, etc. 


Press firmly into a greased pan (9x13).
I use coconut oil for grease.
Action shot.

Bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
Viola! Let them cool before you eat them.





I said I would blog about my dear friend Abby, so here is a gem circa 2008.
How I miss that little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment